St. Mary's Healthcare
Serving: Fulton, Montgomery, and Schenectady Counties
St. Mary’s Healthcare is committed to reduce the cancer burden within the counties we serve with cancer education and prevention programs in our community. We will develop community partnerships with public and private sector organizations to work towards creating cancer prevention policies where we work, live and play.
Sun Safety Policies
Click on the organization name to view their policy:
- Busy Bear Daycare
- City of Amsterdam
- City of Gloversville
- Creative Connections Clubhouse – Outdoor Recreation
- Creative Connections Clubhouse – Outdoor Worksite
- Creative Minds Childcare
- Fulmont Community Action Agency, Early Childhood Services
- Fulmont Community Action Agency – Energy Services
- Girls Inc.
- Gloversville Water Works
- Grow Amsterdam NY Inc.
- Ladybug Daycare
- St. Mary’s Institute, Early Childhood through 8th Grade
We partnered with Montgomery County Public Health and visited all the healthcare offices and dental offices in the entire county and provided each office with HPV materials. Sharing the importance of the HPV vaccine to dental providers is crucial as oropharyngeal cancer has surpassed cervical cancer.
We are partnering with Schenectady County Public Health to visit all the healthcare offices and dental offices in the entire county and to provide each office with HPV materials. Sharing the importance of the HPV vaccine to dental providers is crucial as oropharyngeal cancer has surpassed cervical cancer.
In the News
- St. Mary’s awarded $1.125M for cancer prevention program – 1/15/19 The Recorder
- St. Mary’s Healthcare awarded grant – 1/16/19 The Leader Herald
- Health Beat: Cancer Prevention Program – 1/22/19 WNYT, News Channel 13
- Tanned Skin in Damaged Skin – 3/25/19 The Recorder
- St. Mary’s Healthcare Adds $1.1M Grant to Support Prevention of Cancer in Area – 3/2019 Fulton Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Newsline
- Employers Can Help Fight Cancer – 10/9/19 The Recorder
- Dental Professionals and Cancer Prevention – 12/1/19 4th District Dental Society of the State of New York Winter 2019 Newsletter (pg.9)
- Heart disease, cancer top health issues in area – 12/7/19 The Leader Herald
- Montgomery County Clerk Brittany Kolbe Facebook Page – 12/10/19 Post
- Your Business Can Help Fight Cancer – 1/1/20 The Newsline (pg.15)
- January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month in the Nation – 1/2/20 The Leader Herald
- Some cancers can be prevented and the risk can be lowered – 2/5/20 The Leader Herald
- Community Cancer Prevention in Action seeking to implement policies and strategies locally – 2/18/20 The Leader Herald
- City of Amsterdam Tourism Marketing & Recreation Facebook Page – 2/18/20 Post
- Employees are Valuable to their Employers – 3/9/20 The Leader Herald
- Take Care to Avoid Getting Skin Cancer – 5/25/20 The Daily Gazette
- Get Back on Track – Immunize Your Kids for HPV – 8/20/20 The Leader Herald
- City honored for cancer prevention – 9/2/20 The Leader Herald (PDF version)
These Organizations Are Taking Action Against Cancer:
Busy Bear Daycare
Breast and Prostate Cancer Peer Education Project for Fulton, Montgomery, Saratoga and Schenectady Counties
427 Guy Park Ave Amsterdam, NY 12010
Cancer Services Program for Fulton, Montgomery and Schenectady Counties
427 Guy Park Ave Amsterdam, NY 12010
Capital Region Chamber
5 Computer Dr S, Albany, NY 12205
City of Amsterdam
61 Church St Amsterdam, NY 12010
City of Gloversville
3 Frontage Rd Gloversville, NY 12078
Creative Connections Clubhouse
303 East Main Street Amsterdam, NY 12010
Creative Minds Childcare
Fulmont Community Action Agency
PO Box 835 Fonda, NY 12068
Fulton County Public Health
Public Health Director Laurel Headwell MS
2714 NY-29, Johnstown, NY 12095
Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce
2 North Main St
Gloversville NY, 12078
962 Albany St Schenectady, NY 12307
Gloversville Water Works
310 Norboro Rd.
Grow Amsterdam NY Inc.
10 Church Street Unit 514 Amsterdam, NY 12010
HFM Prevention Council & Creative Connections Clubhouse
86 Briggs St Johnstown, NY 12095
Ladybug In-Home Daycare
Montgomery County Clerk’s Office
County Clerk Brittany Kolbe
P.O. Box 1500 – 64 Broadway, Fonda, NY 12068
Montgomery County Public Health
20 Park St. PO Box 1500 Fonda, NY 12068
Public Health Director Sara Boerenko LCSW
Public Health, Mental Health Director
Schenectady County Public Health
Public Health Director Lisa Ayers RN, BSN
Schaffer Heights, 107 Nott Terrace, Schenectady, NY 12308
St. Mary’s Institute
10 Kopernick Blvd, Amsterdam, NY 12010
Virtual Education Services Now Available!
Take Action Against Cancer with Educational Distance Learning.
Did you know Cancer Prevention in Action now offers Educational Distance Learning? Your organization can take action against cancer with our FREE virtual educational services. These 15-30 minute classes are available a la carte and can be virtually presented to individuals or groups as live or pre-recorded sessions.
Click Contact Us above to learn more!
Class Topics Include:
- Sun safety education for children
- Sun safety education for outdoor worksites
- Sun safety education for outdoor recreation
- Education on HPV vaccine for the community
- Education on HPV vaccine for medical providers
- Education on HPV vaccine for dental providers
Paid Time Off for Cancer Screenings
- Education on how your organization can offer a paid time off benefit for cancer screenings
To learn more about our educational services or to schedule a class, contact us today!Download our PDF!
Check back for updates!
About Cancer Prevention in Action
Sun Safety at the Pool
Sun Safety at the Park
Sun Safety When Working or Playing Outdoors
Sun Safety On the Move
Thank you to everyone who helped make this video series possible.